- This event has passed.
22nd April 2017 @ 11:30am - 23rd April 2017 @ 5:00pm
In April, budding writers and visitors in the Bega Valley have the opportunity to attend a writing weekend intensive with Sydney Playwright Pete Malicki in the Tura Beach Library.
Pete Malicki’s weekend writing workshop will be held on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd April 2017 and is open to new and established writers. You don’t have to have written a play to participate – maybe you have a way with words and are a songwriter, journalist, drama teacher, author, poet or secret diarist. Learn the craft of writing short, sharp plays which will entertain, transfix, influence and suspend disbelief. Develop your own story idea; discover the art of telling a grand narrative; how to write authentic dialogue; and create characters who’ll win hearts and move an audience to tears.
The Writers of the Far South Coast are ecstatic to host Pete Malicki who is a prolific writer and has had 70 of his plays mounted in 750+ productions. He is the Literary Manager of Short+Sweet Theatre International; Founding Producer of The Monologue Project; Coordinator of script development event Crash Test Drama; and his plays have been staged in 22 countries and won many major awards… and he’s coming to Tura Beach.
Where is Tura Beach, you may ask? It’s on the Far South Coast of NSW near the Victorian border, about 8 hours from the hustle and bustle of Sydney and Melbourne and 2.5 from Canberra. The area is an idyllic hideaway that oddly enough… comes with its own airport in Merimbula.
Register your interest above.
Tickets are $100 for the entire weekend intensive and the workshop will be held in the new Tura Beach Library.
Pay cash on the day.
Produced in partnership with the Bega Valley Library.
Reviews of Pete Malicki’s April 2017 Workshop:
- “Venue and resources including handouts great. Information great but would have liked more time exercises. Earlier start and finish Saturday would have been good because of time needed for homework.”
- “Thanks for inviting the broader public to the event.”
- “One of the most useful workshops I have ever attended.”
- “Good topics; interesting ideas. Useful information on outlets for and styles of plays. Well organised.”
- “Excellent presentation and resources, interesting topics, definitely value for money.”
- “Topics covered were perfect for what I was seeking. Totally met my expectations and I will be using the information provided.”
- “Stimulating, informative and a well-worthwhile weekend. Breath of fresh air with lots of useful tips.”
- “Even if I never write a play, lots of useful information for my writing. Pete had a very easy and engaging manner and the weekend was fun.”
- “An effective and productive presentation with relevant topics covered. Plenty of useful resources to use at home. Definitely value for money. A confidence-boosting experience.”