- This event has passed.
May Workshop: Debbie Richardson – “Promote your Book on a Budget”
18th May @ 1:00pm - 3:30pm
WFSC member $20 Non-member $25
Learn more about Debbie’s follow-up workshop on the June long weekend (8th-9th June)
Whether you write fiction or non-fiction, traditional or self-published, you need to promote your books.
Debbie has promoted her books since 2011, sometimes effectively, sometimes not. Go through some the best ways she has found to promote both the author and the book on a budget.
- What makes an effective promotion
- The importance of author brand that gathers loyal readers
- The four buying habits of readers
- Promote online and in the real world
- Ways to promote that cost nothing
- Ways to promote on a budget
Find out how a promotion that lost money made her book a #1 best seller and garnered the interest of a publisher?
- “Excellent presentation. Extremely detailed informative workshop. Gave so much information as to where to source avenues for sales, promotion etc. What appeared overwhelming, daunting in its initial stage soon became an enlightening as to how many different options are available.”
- “Great presentation. Lots of useful information previously not aware of. Helped me see the way books can be promoted using an array of methods.”
- “Yes very good thank you.”
- “Yes, A1. Very interesting. Thank you.”
- “Very informative and interesting, would like further workshops to follow on with this info. Like the way Debbie provided info sheets too! Lots of things to remember so it helps to have the info sheets. Learnt lots. Debbie is very passionate about her writing and books.”
- “High velocity words and the information which came with those words. Lots of ideas that are very useful for my future promotions. Lectures like this show me how little I know.”
- “Inspired to try new ideas to promote my book. Lots of information. Plenty to think about in planning for my next book. Thank you so much Debbie for sharing today.”
- “Very interesting, informative, inspiring. But lots of talking.”
- “Amazing info, made my head spin!”
- “Picked up many handy hints to promote books. How to stay current. Learnt so much more about online distributors such as Amazon. Lots of information. Need to sift through the brain matter when I go home.”
- “Introduction to publishing in the big wide world of the written word. So much to absorb, heaps of new information. We are all storytellers marketing in another world.”
- “So many free or cheap avenues to explore. I’m a little bit time-poor but Debbie also made it enticing to find a virtual personal assistant or when I publish, now I know which hoops my publisher should be jumping through.”
- “Good presentation. Very engaging. Great content. Notes very helpful. Thank you.”